If you want to choose another language to read the blog, click Google Translator in the blog.

Se você deseja ler o blog em outro idioma, click em Google Translator no blog.

Monday, March 24, 2014

Recommendation

São Paulo
Prezados!

I am an American executive who was asked by my company to travel to Brazil to help expand our business there.  After my first visit to São Paulo, I decided to try and learn the language so that I would be more effective and productive.
I did not relish the prospect of traveling to Brazil for any length of time without having some understanding of the language. 
 Well, I got more than that Laura!  I have now traveled to Brazil about twenty times during the past two years. Thanks to Laura, I tell our few English speaking employees that they no longer have to “baby sit” me.
 I can spend weekends alone in São Paulo, and in the two other cities where my company has facilities, attend churrascos where hardly any English is spoken, go running in the evening and grab some açaí on the way back to the hotel.  
 Our Brazilian employees joke that I am ½ Brazilian.  Thank you Laura!!  We gotta work on the other half!!

Very truly e abraços,

Jack L. Williams, Jr.
Executive Vice President
H.J. Baker & Bro., Inc.

228 Saugatuck Avenue, Westport, CT 06883

No comments:

Post a Comment